1. Where are you presently located? What are you doing there?
We live in Muscat , Oman , ...by profession i am a house wife but you can add labels of freelance journalist/Poet/columnist to my name as well
2. Where in Kerala are you from? How long has it been since you left India?
3. Could you tell me the story of how it all came about, from your childhood dreams to what you are now.
My Poetry books/Articles has been awarded few times, Malayalam Literery Society conducated a competion among the freelancers and journalist for the won the best features article published in Kanyaka(Magalam Group) on "Bar dancers in Gulf . The artocities and lifestyle of these bar dancers was wriiten and clear peep into the lifestyle of thes women are depicted in this article. My English poetry was listed by manorama as the best books to by in 2012 July.
4. Can you mention the challenges of working abroad? And the achievements you have made despite that (this is needed in the feature, to highlight how Malayalis are doing well abroad ) -
Working abroad is a necessity of life in a total adverse climate from what we are used to. A mad rush back home, in scorching heat of 40 to 45 degree, where the lunch can be waiting to be heated .A sandwich, self made, mostly with peanut butter or with handy veggies that need not much cutting and cooking, like a tomato, cabbage, lettuce or cucumber, with a slice of salami or ready to be heated rice and curry. Some parents have no other option but have a packed lunch also to be dropped while they pick and drop their kid home. Desperation/ Shortcoming of being a working parent....alas!! Heated food, mostly eaten in front of the TV (an except from my own article about kids in gulf.) In spite of all this hazards and negativity people still migrate to gulf in large no's.
5. How would you compare your hometown with the place you stay at? How do you think Kerala can improve?
The cleaning of environment, the surrounding we live in , is something we can also copy and adapt. The garbage collection, sewage treatments projects are something we should start now before its too late. Here if a road is build with 20 years ahead plan. In our land its still competition of ministers than the betterment of society and people.coming in june july for holiday, was a nightmare now, about food and environment.We can make improvements and changes , but our country and local area are like crabs in a jar, one crab will never allow another one to get out or move out of the jar.
6. Is your family with you?
7. And yes, your full name so I wont spell it wrong :-)Sapna Anu B. George